Available, delivery time 1-3 days
It is naturally colored with aromatic plants after the distillation. No artificials or short cuts are used. After a lot of research and attempts we managed to get the color pretty stable, but learned that light exposure has a negative effect on the overall aroma and taste after very little time. Therefore we recommend storing Absinthe Duplais in the dark.
Absinthe Duplais was introduced in July 2005. It has become an internationally highly appreciated Absinthe since then. Time for us to upgrade the product anyway!
- We didn't touch the recipe, because we didn't want to change the character of Absinthe Duplais. So we started experimenting with herbs from different sources and found out, that some were superior than the others and worth the effort. The result is a much more intense flavour which truely represents the character of each herb.
- The most visible change is the completely reworked coloring step. After dozens of tests we are now able to create a stabile, yet natural green coloring.
- Many Absintheures asked for a wine base version of Duplais Verte, because we already did that with the Duplais Blanche and the effect is quite remarkable. Test with the Duplais Verte showed that it doesn't make a big difference. You may smell the difference when knowing it, however there's hardly any tastable difference. Therefore we decided to stay with the regular base alcohol and rather keep the price down.
Gold medal for Absinthe Duplais at the International Wine and Spirits Competition 2006 + "Best in Class"
Tasting Category: Absinthe - 72%
Award: Gold (Best in Class)
Alcohol %: 72%
Judges' Tasting Notes:
Unique, golden/green hue. Slow forming louche had sudden active spurt resulting in thick, almost solid, milk shake finish. Eventual colour was translucent , rich, golden green with amber highlights. The aromas after louche were slow to emerge but built with time into a complex herbal salad. Wormwood and fennel began to establish themselves on the nose with hints of spice lifting above the meld of herbs. Full textured, rich, creamy mouth with outstanding, refreshing taste with substantial fennel and wormwood flavours. Massive power, yet well controlled, long, everlasting finish. Magnificent product.
- International Wine and Spirits Competition, London 2006 - Gold, Best in Class
- 95 Points at absinth-bibel.de - 1st place
- Absinthe Duplais is Absinthe of the year the the Swiss Liquer board in 2006
|Lebensmittelunternehmer:||Lion Spirits GmbH, Münstertälerstrasse 12, 79427 Eschbach|
|Net filling quantity:||200ml|
In 1928, Ernst Luginbühl-Bögli acquired the Italian bitter recipe for Martinazzi. The success story of the started with this product small distillery from Seeland. Already in 1934 one exported to UNITED STATES. Luginbühl landed the next coup in 1947 with the purchase of the farm Löhr, where he cultivated an old variety of plum that he used from then on Löhrpflümli called - the variety that is used throughout German-speaking today space for distilling liquor is added.
The second generation took over the distillery in the late 1950s and it was run by the granddaughter of the company founder (Elsbeth Luginbühl) until 1985 took over the fortunes. In 1996 the distillery moved from Aarberg to Kallnach around. In 2005 Oliver Matter took over the distillery with his wife Nicole. Around this time, absinthe was banned in Switzerland canceled. When Matter brought out his Kallnacher absinthe, excited he attracted the attention of ABSINTHE.DE and Liquers de France. In Cooperation with ABSINTHE.DE resulted in numerous, international excellent absinthes (Duplais, Brevans, Mansinthe etc.).
0 of 0 reviews